White Sturgeon Retention Day - Sport Fishing - Columbia River
See 2021 Oregon Sport Fishing Regulations for legal size, daily, and annual bag limits.
COLUMBIA RIVER MAINSTEM, Buoy 10 upstream to Wauna Powerlines
- Area definition: From the Wauna powerlines (River Mile 40) downstream to the mouth at Buoy 10, including Youngs Bay; and all adjacent Washington tributaries.
- Permanent rules for sturgeon are in effect, including closed to the retention of sturgeon, except for the following modifications:
- This area will be open to retention of white sturgeon on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays during May 10, 2021 through June 5, 2021 (12 days: May 10, May 12, May 15, May 17, May 19, May 22, May 24, May 26, May 29, May 31, June 2, and June 5).
- On days open to white sturgeon retention, angling for sturgeon is prohibited after 2 PM, including catch and release.
- Daily bag limit is one white sturgeon, 44-50 inches fork length (fork length is measured in a straight line from the tip of the nose to the fork in the caudal fin (tail) with the fish laying on its side on a flat surface, with the tape measure/ruler positioned flat under the fish).
- Annual bag limit is two white sturgeon (applicable to any/all 2021 retention fisheries).
- Retention of green sturgeon prohibited.
- Catch-and-release fishing is allowed except as noted above. All other permanent rules apply.